- Flavor: Mild, nutty (from the wild rice) and fresh
- Style: Vegan, cooked or raw choice
- Allergy: Gluten-Free, Nut-free option
Yields: 2 to 4 servings
- 2 cups wild rice, sprouted or cooked
- 2 avocados, cut in cubes
- 3 leaves of curly kale, chopped, leave out the stem (use for juicing)
- 1 cup arame, chop fine, soak for 10 min. in purified hot water
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange)
- 2 tblsp raw pine nuts (optional)
- 1 cup cannelloni or kidney beans, soaked & cooked
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tblsp raw honey
- 2 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
HOW TO MAKE
If you want to make the raw version of this dish, leave out the beans, and replace with 2 cups soaked and sprouted sunflower seeds or even hazelnuts, if you prefer nuts.
Never ever sprout and eat raw kidney or cannellini beans. They are toxic eaten this way. So if adding them to your food, soak them overnight and cook them first.
1 cup of dried beans = 2-1/2 cups cooked beans. Soak the beans (reduce cooking time and gas causing tendencies) overnight, drain and rinse before cooking them. The beans will cook in 60-90 min. The beans can be pre-cooked and stored in the refrigerator in their cooking liquid for up to 3 days.
In a bowl, add all the vegetables (except the avocado and wild rice) and beans
Mix together the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix in with the beans and vegetables.
Add rice to a bowl. Top with the beans and vegetables. Drizzle with the pine nuts and avocado
Store in the fridge in a tightly sealed jar or container for up to 2 days.